This week we got a chance to chat with Leah Margolis of Leah Margolis design. With so many of us working and schooling from home, Leah stressed the need to find “comfort” in our homes. In this week’s SCOOP, Leah shares some super simple things that we can do to bring a little “happy” into our living spaces.
- SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THINGS THAT BRING YOU JOY. It could be a family heirloom, a piece of art, or a souvenir from a wonderful trip that you took.
- CARVE OUT A SPACE FOR YOU IN YOUR HOME. This could be a place where you relax, and perhaps it’s a kid-free or work-free zone. Preferably with no clutter and no devices.
- KEEP WORK SPACES FREE OF CLUTTER. No one likes to start their day with piles of paper on their desk. Use bulletin boards and trays to organize important documents and papers.
- ENCOURAGE LIGHT. If you aren’t blessed with big windows, try using mirrors to reflect natural light into your space. Light-colored walls and floors automatically brighten up any space.
- NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF NATURE. Fresh flowers make a world of difference, but it doesn’t have to be anything fancy. It can just be clippings from your garden!
Leah provides design services for residential projects throughout Saratoga and Albany Counties, Lake George, the Berkshires, Manhattan and Connecticut. She has received the 2020 Best of Saratoga Springs and the Saratogian Readers’ Choice award every year since 2014. To learn more about Leah Margolis Design services and to check out her portfolio, visit http://www.leahmargolisdesign.com .